Remember that Sinh tố bơ recipe that I posted a while ago? This is another version of that sweet avocado milkshake. The shake is really thick and super sweet (which is how I like it), but this smoothie is a whole lot healthier.
My mom’s co-worker, Miriam, introduced me to avocado-based drinks. At first I thought it was such a gross idea, but they actually taste really good. A bit grassy maybe, but still good. This avocado smoothie recipe is much lighter than the shake, and less sweet too. So while the milkshake is great for dessert, this smoothie is well-suited to breakfast or a post-workout snack.
Feel free to play around with the quantities to suit your personal taste.
Miriam’s “Healthy” Avocado Smoothie
- 1/4 cup 2% milk plus extra
- 1 tsp honey
- 3-4 heaping tbsp non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 ripe Hass avocado
- 4-5 ice cubes
- In a cup, warm the milk and honey together. Stir to combine and pour into blender.
- Add the yogurt, avocado and ice cubes to the blender. Cover.
- Blend on high until the mixture is smooth.
- Check the consistency, and add more milk if needed.
- Blend again and serve cold.
This recipe card may contain affiliate links that support this website at no additional cost to you.