This is one of my go-to meals when I need to get dinner on the table in a hurry. It’s not fancy, but it’s tasty and filling. You can swap out the mushrooms for asparagus, bell peppers, or use a combination of vegetables if you wish.
Pierogies with Mushrooms – a fast weeknight dinner
- 1 small bag of frozen pierogies any flavour (the bag I used was 907g)
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 8-10 mushrooms sliced
- salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Boil the entire package of pierogies in salted water, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a non-stick skillet and place over medium heat.
- Cook the onion for a couple minutes, then add the garlic. Stir and let cook for 1 more minute.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking the mixture until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are cooked. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and pierogies (drained).
- Flip over the pierogies so they brown on both sides, then add the mushrooms back into the pan.
- Stir to combine everything, adjust the seasonings as needed, and remove from the heat.
- Serve warm. Can be served with sour cream if desired.
This recipe card may contain affiliate links that support this website at no additional cost to you.