This is one of my go-to meals when I need to get dinner on the table in a hurry. It’s not fancy, but it’s tasty and filling. You can swap out the mushrooms for asparagus, bell peppers, or use a combination of vegetables if you wish.
Pierogies with Mushrooms – a fast weeknight dinner
- 1 small bag of frozen pierogies, any flavour (the bag I used was 907g)
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 8-10 mushrooms, sliced
- salt & black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Boil the entire package of pierogies in salted water, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a non-stick skillet and place over medium heat.
- Cook the onion for a couple minutes, then add the garlic. Stir and let cook for 1 more minute.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking the mixture until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are cooked. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and pierogies (drained).
- Flip over the pierogies so they brown on both sides, then add the mushrooms back into the pan.
- Stir to combine everything, adjust the seasonings as needed, and remove from the heat.
- Serve warm. Can be served with sour cream if desired.
If you cannot see the video, please turn off your adblocker.
Please note that these nutritional values are only an estimate, and have been generated from a database using generic products.
This recipe card contains affiliate links that support this website. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.