This ground beef nachos recipe is so easy to make! Just layer the toppings with corn chips and bake it in your oven!
Nachos are one of my favourite snacks, but I can never understand why they cost like $18 bars and restaurants. Especially when all of the toppings are just thrown on top – leaving a pile of plain chips at the bottom. When I make nachos at home, I like to layer the ingredients in with the chips (which takes, like, zero effort… why can’t they just do that everywhere??)
This recipe for ground beef nachos is actually just my way of using up leftover ground beef and toppings from taco night. I always end up with little bowls of leftovers, and since I’m usually out of taco shells, this is the easiest way to make sure none of those ingredients go to waste.
This ground beef nachos recipe is very flexible, so feel free to use your favourite toppings. I like to add black beans, tomatoes, jalapeños, chilli powder and cheddar cheese to mine. Although, I think pepper jack cheese would also be tasty here.
No matter what toppings you use, there are a few tips that will help ensure that your nachos taste amazing.
5 Tips for Perfect Ground Beef Nachos:
- Don’t use “thin” style tortilla chips. You want a nice sturdy chip to make sure that those toppings end up in your mouth – not on your shirt.
- Don’t use raw ground beef. The nachos won’t be in the oven long enough to completely cook raw beef. You either need to cook up a batch of ground beef specifically for this dish, or use leftovers.
- Line your sheet pan or skillet with tin foil before building your nachos. Melted cheese is a pain in the butt to remove, and this make clean up so much easier. And no, I didn’t remember to do that when I made this batch… *oops*
- If you’re using tomatoes, remove the seeds. The last thing you want to add to your nachos is moisture, because soggy chips are sad. Be sure to just use the flesh of the tomatoes. You should also leave ingredients like sour cream and guacamole for garnishing before eating, to keep the chips crispy as long as possible.
- Build layers. If you want to enjoy your nachos right down to the last chip, then make sure to build your layers from the bottom up. Add some chips, then some toppings, then more chips, and more toppings. You get the idea, right?
Ground Beef Nachos Recipe
- 1 bag tortilla chips, , about 300g
- 2 cups ground beef, , cooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese , , shredded
- 1/4 cup black beans, , drained and rinsed
- 1 roma tomato, , seeds removed, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, , cut into thin rings
- chili powder, , to taste
- Olive oil, , optional
Optional Toppings for Serving:
- sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet or oven-proof skillet with tin foil.
- Add a layer of tortilla chips, and then sprinkle with a little bit of each topping. Continue to build layers of chips and toppings until you use up all of your ingredients.
- If desired, lightly drizzle (or spray) the top layer of the nachos with olive oil.
- Bake the nachos in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, guacamole or salsa.
If you cannot see the video, please turn off your adblocker.
Please note that these nutritional values are only an estimate, and have been generated from a database using generic products.
This recipe card contains affiliate links that support this website. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
This is not a sponsored post.