Sometimes you can find really neat things at the dollar store! Here are the gardening supplies that I picked up on my last trip to Dollarama.
So the other day, I popped into Dollarama to grab parchment paper and found that their gardening section was already set up!
As much as I love to support local small businesses, I do sometimes shop at the dollar store or Amazon, too. I need to stretch my budget!
All of the new seeds that I purchased this year came from Canadian seed companies though. You can read more about where I purchased my seeds from here.
Anyhow, I picked up a few gardening supplies from Dollarama to try out this spring. Some are items that I've used before, but I found a few new things too. I'm so ready for the warm weather to arrive so I can spend time out in my garden.
And while I'm not about to buy batteries or electronics from Dollarama (that has NEVER gone well for me), they are pretty great for basics like parchment paper, tin foil, splatter guards, and seed starting kits!
I can usually find the same jiffy pots and peat pellets that are carried by the big hardware stores, for a fraction of the regular price. That leaves more budget for me to spend on the actual plants!
Watch the full haul video on my YouTube Channel!
SUPPLIES FEATURED IN THIS VIDEO
- Seeders Garden Seeds Starter Kit: $4.00
- Garden Collection Garden Netting: $2.00
- Schmidt Rolling Flower Pot Stand: $4.00 (Purchase with caution. I had to glue the wheels on!)
- Miracle-Gro Fruitsaver Reflective Tape: I don't remember the price, sorry!
- Schmidt 10Pc "T" Garden Label Set: $1.00
- Jiffy 26-piece Jiffy-Pots: I think it was $2, not sure though.
- Schmidt Hook and Loop Plant Support Ties: $1.50
The only downside here is that not all of the Dollaramas carry the same stock, and their stock turns over very quickly. In case you want one of these items, but can't find it in store, here are a few alternatives for you.
SIMILAR GARDENING SUPPLIES FROM AMAZON (affiliate links)
- Seed Starting Kit (with peat pellets instead of cardboard cups): https://amzn.to/3vEb9KP
- Garden Netting: https://amzn.to/3eOo6vN
- 2-piece Rolling Flower Pot Stand: https://amzn.to/2OBa7ik
- Bird Repelling Reflective Tape: https://amzn.to/30U3hXG
- 100 pc Plastic "T" Garden Labels: https://amzn.to/2QflWeq
- Jiffy 26-piece Jiffy-Pots: https://amzn.to/3twSqPu
- Velcro Plant Support Ties: https://amzn.to/3vJGtrV
I hope you enjoy watching the video! I haven't shot and edited a video like this in two years, but I enjoyed making this one. I'm hoping to be able to share more videos with you soon!
If there's anything gardening (or cooking) related that you want me to cover in a video, let me know in the comments!
This is not a sponsored video. Any Amazon links are affiliate links. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for content creators to earn fees by linking to Amazon and its affiliated sites. This means that if you click a link and purchase something, I will receive a tiny percentage of the purchase price (at no extra cost to you). If you shop through my links, thank you for supporting this channel!