I’m notorious for eating fast food for lunch. Usually, it’s because I’m rushing around and I feel like I don’t have enough time to prepare a yummy, healthy lunch. So I end up grabbing whatever is nearby, and that’s usually not something healthy.
Recently though, I went to a restaurant called Freshii with a friend who is on the paleo diet. I didn’t think that there would be anything there that I would like, but I was wrong! I love their Bliss Bowl, packed with brown rice and veggies. What I didn’t love was the price. OUCH!
I really wanted to eat the Bliss Bowl again, so I figured that I would just have to make it at home. It’s actually super easy to put together, and it’s very satisfying. Try adding your favourite veggies or a different kind of cheese to switch it up.
By the way, I made this with pickled mushrooms the first time. Bad idea… fresh mushrooms for the win!
An Interpretation of the Freshii Bliss Bowl
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 roasted bell pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces (I used a jarred variety)
- 1/4 cup sautéed sliced button mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- 1/2 an avocado, chopped into bite-size pieces (good luck with that...)
- crumbled chèvre goat's cheese, to taste
- balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Warm the rice in your serving bowl if using leftovers.
- Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, and a drizzle of olive oil. Heat in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
- Add the avocado and goat's cheese, then drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Be light-handed with the vinegar or it will overpower the other ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
If you cannot see the video, please turn off your adblocker.
Please note that these nutritional values are only an estimate, and have been generated from a database using generic products.
This recipe card contains affiliate links that support this website. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.