I’m notorious for eating fast food for lunch. Usually, it’s because I’m rushing around and I feel like I don’t have enough time to prepare a yummy, healthy lunch. So I end up grabbing whatever is nearby, and that’s usually not something healthy.
Recently though, I went to a restaurant called Freshii with a friend who is on the paleo diet. I didn’t think that there would be anything there that I would like, but I was wrong! I love their Bliss Bowl, packed with brown rice and veggies. What I didn’t love was the price. OUCH!
I really wanted to eat the Bliss Bowl again, so I figured that I would just have to make it at home. It’s actually super easy to put together, and it’s very satisfying. Try adding your favourite veggies or a different kind of cheese to switch it up.
By the way, I made this with pickled mushrooms the first time. Bad idea… fresh mushrooms for the win!
An Interpretation of the Freshii Bliss Bowl
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 roasted bell pepper chopped into bite-size pieces (I used a jarred variety)
- 1/4 cup sautéed sliced button mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- 1/2 an avocado chopped into bite-size pieces (good luck with that...)
- crumbled chèvre goat's cheese to taste
- balsamic vinegar to drizzle
- salt and pepper to taste
- Warm the rice in your serving bowl if using leftovers.
- Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, and a drizzle of olive oil. Heat in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
- Add the avocado and goat's cheese, then drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Be light-handed with the vinegar or it will overpower the other ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
This recipe card may contain affiliate links that support this website at no additional cost to you.