I love a good farmers market! There’s something about walking around under the sun, while shopping for brightly coloured fruits and veggies that just screams SUMMER! I go to markets all over the Greater Toronto Area, from the huge weekly market at Celebration Square in Mississauga, to the year-round St. Lawrence Market in Downtown Toronto. So when Ashley from Many Feathers asked me to come check out a brand new market, I had to go.
What is Many Feathers?
Many Feathers is a new organization of young entrepreneurs trying to increase environmental awareness, sustainability, and community empowerment. This non-profit organization that aims to “create local community spaces to empower residents and promote local food and sustainable living, through community engagement and education.” The organization is run by volunteers.
About The Market
The Many Feathers Market is a joint production with Eden Food Bank’s Farmers’ Market of Eden.
Farmers and artisans will be selling local food and products between 9a.m. – 4p.m.every other Sunday, from June to November, in the parking lot of Lisgar Go Station in Mississauga. The location may seem a bit out-of-the-way, but it’s actually quite easy to get to. It’s close to a major highway, accessible by bus (from what I’ve been told), and there are 788 parking spaces at this location!
Even the live entertainment have their own spaces in the lot 🙂
Dates for the Market are as follows:
- June 14th, 2015
- June 28th, 2015
- July 12th, 2015
- July 26th, 2015
- August 9th, 2015
- August 23rd, 2015
- September 6th, 2015
- September 20th, 2015
- October 4th, 2015
- October 18th, 2015
- November 1st, 2015
About the Vendors
You can buy fresh produce, meats, baked goods, jewelry, art, wine and more! Here are some of the vendors that you can find at the market.
- Big John’s Country Market: Family farm featuring products Farm Grown in Ontario: Beef, Pork, Lamb, Produce, Maple Syrup. (image above)
- Frogpond Farm Winery: Ontario’s first certified organic winery! Located in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Thames River Melons: A farm in your backyard, growing fresh fruits and vegetables from A-Z (asparagus – zucchini)!
- Sun-ray Orchards: Family owned and operated farm selling a variety of tender fruits, berries and vegetables. Located in Beamsville.
- Red Rabbit Gardens: Organically and holistically raised beef, chicken, and rabbit, as well as vegetables, all produced on a small family farm in Rockwood.
- Dream Green Veggies: Fruits and vegetables grown just outside of Campbellville.
- PV’s Fresh Fruits and Veggies: Local and sustainably grown fruits and vegetables from a farm located in Beamsville.
- Steve’s Bees: Honey and bee products from apiaries on pesticide-free farms, never treated with pesticides or antibiotics. Raw honey, including a raw creamed honey, candles and propolis tincture.
- Missy Li’s: Italian salami products
- Snowden Farms: naturally raised beef and beef products. Located in Enniskillen.
- Harley Farms: Quality pork, beef, and lamb raised in a GMO-free environment, on a farm in Peterborough, ON.
- Vince’s European Meats & Cheese: sausages and salamies
- Seva Food Bank: Provides safe, nutritious and culturally appropriate food to low-income families living in Mississauga. Selling locally grown produce at the market to support their food bank. Click here for website.
- Artistic Flair Soaps: Fine handcrafted artisan soaps and bath products, produced in small batches using pure vegetable oils, essential oils and delicate fragrances.
- Conscious Jude: Niagara owned and operated business showcasing beautiful hand-made items that are made with positive practice, grounded philosophies and meaningful motivations by local artisans.
- Lolo Skin Care: Quality skincare products made from naturally derived ingredients that are effective and affordable.
- Syn’s Organic Secrets: hand-crafted luxurious soaps and bath and body products.
- Silver Hoof: Beautifully moulded Goat Milk Soap made with natural ingredients in small batches. Great for all types of skin.
- Daniel’s Bib Shop:
- Twigs & Iron: Beautiful, rustic home decor, furniture, and art.
- Sun-ray Orchards: Serving up fresh-cut fries (with optional gravy or poutine!)
- Kettle Corn Boss: Delicious non-GMO kettle corn, chips and condiments.
- Crazy Bitch BBQ Sauce: All natural, gluten-free, preservative-free and low-sodium barbecue sauces in a variety of great flavours.
- Abokichi: Delectable healthy, convenient onigiri – Japanese rice balls, which come in a variety of flavours.
- Not Your Dad’s: Sauce with a kick! Different flavours of hot sauces that make a perfect addition to any dish. Their kitchens produce original, small batch, handcrafted, hot sauce, jelly and condiments.
- Madeleines: Handmade baked goods produced in a local bakery kitchen! Delicious pies, cookies, brownies, even baked dog treats!
- Mazzocato Syrup: Located on a 100-acre woodlot in Campbellville, Ontario, is Mazzocato Syrup – where delicious, local maple syrup is produced. Sap is gathered from maple trees and boiled down, with absolutely nothing added during this process, making Mazzocatto Syrup organic by nature.
- South Hill Designs: lockets, charms, screens, coins, and wrap bracelets to create unique, custom jewelry to match your style.
- Tickled Pink: Charming necklaces, earrings, bracelets handmade in a refined style. Perfect gifts for yourself, or your loved ones!
- Ocean Avenue: Design your own charm bracelet!
- La Marguerite Designs: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry ranging from fashion jewelry to more daring artisan styles. Made of glass beads, crystals, pearls, metals and wire.
- Art Just For Me: Accessible art classes for all skill levels, with a focus on fun!
- Henna Tattoos: $3.00
This is not a sponsored post.
I purchased goods at this market with my own money.
One of the organizers is an acquaintance of mine, and she asked if I would write about the market on my blog.