This healthy recipe is super easy to put together, and it’s very satisfying. Try adding your favourite veggies or a different kind of cheese to switch it up.
By the way, I made this with pickled mushrooms the first time. Bad idea…
EDIT 09/04/13: I made it for lunch again today, this time with fresh mushrooms. So much better…
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 roasted bell pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces (I used a jarred variety)
- ¼ cup sautéed sliced button mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
- ½ an avocado, chopped into bite-size pieces (good luck with that...)
- crumbled chèvre goat's cheese (to taste)
- balsamic vinegar (to drizzle)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Warm the rice in your serving bowl if using leftovers.
- Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, and a drizzle of olive oil. Heat in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
- Add the avocado and goat's cheese, then drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Be light-handed with the vinegar or it will overpower the other ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.