This recipe for Sautéed Red Bell Peppers is one of the first “recipes” that I published on this blog. There’s really not much to it… you just sauté strips of peppers with a little oil and then season to taste.
I was going to pull this recipe down, but decided not to because even though the recipe is very simple (and the photos kind of suck), it’s still a tasty side dish. Recipes like these are great for busy weeknights when you’re pressed for time, but still want to get some vegetables into your meal!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and cut 2 red bell peppers into strips (be sure to remove the pith and seeds!)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add the pepper strips, and saute for 6-7 minutes, or until the peppers soften and the skins char a little.
- Season with salt and pepper (or a lemon pepper blend)